Texas woman dies after found unconscious on Maui shoreline
HONOLULU — A 67-year-old Texas woman has died after being found unconscious in the waters of Hawaii’s Maui shoreline.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports Patrice Smith of Denton, Texas, was found floating face down about 25 feet from the Kaanapali shore Monday morning.
Maui police say Smith was pulled out of the water and cardiopulmonary resuscitation was performed until emergency medics arrived.
Smith was transported in critical condition to Maui Memorial Medical Center. She was later pronounced dead.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.