Accuser of ‘X-Men’ director seeks case dismissal
HONOLULU — A former child model accusing “X-Men” director Bryan Singer of sex abuse in Hawaii says he wants to dismiss the lawsuit — not because it lacks merit but because he can’t find a new attorney to represent him.
Michael Egan III said in a court filing Wednesday that he previously sought the dismissal in sealed documents in federal court in Honolulu. He wants the case dismissed without prejudice, which would allow him to file it again later.
He said in the latest filing that he’s unable to proceed by himself.
His former attorneys asked to be removed from the case after their relationship with him deteriorated.
Singer has filed papers saying he wants the case dismissed with prejudice, with costs and fees imposed against Egan.
Egan previously dropped three similar lawsuits against other entertainment figures.