Wood Guild announces winners
Hawaii Wood Guild hosts 67 entries in this year’s show at Isaacs Art Center. Following are the results:
• Best of show: Michael Patrick Smith for “Bamboo Garden”
• Joinery first place: Josh Johansen for “Demi Lune Side Board”
• Joinery honorable mention: David Reisland for “Jewelry Tower”
• Sculpture first place: David Young for “Pahu”
• Sculpture honorable mention: Cliff Johns for “Ohana”
• Woodturning first place: Gregg Smith for “Mosaic Vessel”
• Woodturning honorable mention: John Mydock for “Hapu Fern Garden”
• Open first place: Tim and Tiffany Shafto for “Natures Palette”
• Open honorable mention: Marcus Castaing for “Craftsman Sofa”
The show at the Isaacs Art Center in Waimea, which is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, runs through Feb. 22.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.