Classes offered at Donkey Mill
The Holualoa Foundation for Arts and Culture will present the following events at its Donkey Mill Arts Center in Holualoa. For more information, visit donkeymillartcenter.org or call 322-3362.
• Feb. 6: artist’s presentation with Bud Shark and Robert Kushner from 6 to 8 p.m. with free admission and a potluck style meal. Shark, a visiting artist from Lyon’s, Colo., will show and discuss images of recent print projects including the work of notable artists Brad Brown, John Buck, Enrique Chagoya, Dianna Frid, Red Grooms, Jane Hammond, Don Ed Hardy, Yvonne Jacquette, Hung Liu, Hiroki Morinoue, Barbara Takenaga, and Betty Woodmas. Kushhe, an American contemporary painter known for his work in Pattern and Decoration, will talk about his recent work, large-scale flowers on textured backgrounds, bands of gold leaf and areas of flat color, working with collage and pages from old books.
• Feb. 11: Jim Neupert teaches adult pottery classes from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Feb. 11 to March 13. Students will learn hand building, wheel techniques, decorating and glaze methods. Instruction will be according to each individual’s abilities. Students enrolled in the class will have access to open studios for the duration of the course for continued practice. Cost is $225 full session or $25 drop-in basis for members and $275 full session or $30 drop-in basis for nonmembers. Supplies are $45.
• Feb. 13: Digital Photography Boot Camp with Eric Edwards and John Ferdico begins with an introductory lecture from 6 to 8 p.m. An intensive camera workshop follows from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 15. This course will teach beginning and intermediate photographers camera functions and the creative use of digital cameras. The fee is $75 for members and $85 for nonmembers.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.