Man in critical condition following Honaunau shooting
A Kona man was in critical condition late Thursday following a shooting in Honaunau.
The shooting occurred around 6:30 p.m. near the intersection of Middle Keei Road and Highway 11 in South Kona. Police said the shooting involved a dispute between neighbors, with the suspect subsequently turning himself into police.
The man, who suffered a wound to the abdomen, was undergoing surgery at Kona Community Hospital as of 9 p.m. Thursday.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.