HI-5 redemption center hours changing in July
Starting July 2, the hours of operation at all 10 HI-5 Certified Redemption Centers at Hawaii County recycling and transfer stations will change, county officials say. In some cases, only the hours will change. In others, the sites may be open fewer days.
All sites will remain open from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. For the convenience of the public, all sites will remain open during this time, and will not close for lunch.
The sites will be opening on the following days:
- Hawi: Saturday, Sunday
- Hilo: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
- Honokaa: Saturday, Sunday
- Kealakehe: Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Keaau: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Keauhou: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
- Pahoa: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
- Puako: Sunday
- Waimea: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
- Waiohinu: Saturday, Sunday
Because of site preparations for transition to a new contract to operate the redemption centers, all 10 County HI-5 Certified Redemption centers will be closed for two days, June 30 and July 1. They will also all be closed July 4 observance of the holiday.