Fire destroys Mountain View home
A grease fire burned down a structure in Mountain View on Thursday evening.
Responding to a 7:13 p.m. alarm, firefighters found a single-family residence on Kona Street engulfed in flames, according to the Hawaii Fire Department. The firefighters were able to keep brush and a vehicle located about 20 feet from the structure from igniting.
A man, who said he was deep frying food when the oil ignited and the flames subsequently spread to the 720-square-foot structure, was able to escape the structure without injury. The American Red Cross provided assistance.
The blaze, which caused $128,000 in damage, was extinguished within 90 minutes.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.