Small Business Development Series for Contractors
Thinking of expanding your business into the federal contracting arena? The U.S. Small Business Administration, Minority Business Development Center and the State of Hawaii Department of Transportation (DBE) program invite you to register for its FREE ALL DAY Business Development Series. This class will incorporate a 6 part series to help small businesses who want to do business with the number one buyer of products and services the United States Government.
August 12, 2014
9:00 am – 4:00pm
Hawai ‘i Community Federal Credit Union, conference room
73-5611 Olowalu Street, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
This all day event will cover the following:
- Registering in System for Award Management (SAM)
- Becoming certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Getting certified with the Federal Government 8(a) Program
- How Veteran, Women and HubZone Certifications can give your business an edge
- Creating Your Marketing Capability Statement or Statement of Qualification (SOQ)
- How to Create your Business Plan
- Financing Your Government Contracts
This class is for serious minded small businesses interested in learning how to market themselves more effectively to government buying activities (i.e. military and civilian agencies). The class will assist you in registering in the government database (SAM), financing options, and subcontracting opportunities.